Sunday, April 02, 2006

All Day Sunday

April 02
Still paying for doing to much on Friday. Only did the mandatory chores today.. food, dishes, laundry. I did make some holders for seeds to start. I took egg cartons, cut off the lids, heated an awl over a candle and melted in 3 small holes on the bottom of each egg holder for drainage. Tomorrow I hope to actually get those seeds started. Smile.

The amaryllis are blooming out back.. they always amaze me! They shoot up so quickly and the flowers open so huge.. miracle.

I've been looking at different plants.. and cameras and books. A friend.. Christy gave me a gift certificate to Amazon.com. There is a course online at Barnes and Noble that requires a book, which I found on Amazon in the used books.. if I buy more than 25$, its free shipping.. I think I'll take the names of some books available and check them at the local Barnes and Noble store.

Hans is giving me a camera for my birthday. I have the Sony Mavica, but it doesn't take a big enough pix... in mp's that I can enlarge. I wanted a Minolta Dimage Z2 or 3 - slr digital.. it has 48x magnification.. and will take a digiscope for more telescopic pictures. David said NO refurbished. At 7-900 new, 200 for refurbished sounded good to me. On to look for something else. DAvid is looking for me online, and I will look some more tomorrow. There are so many things I need to do... now..

I need to get the paperwork all ready for the taxes.. even if we have someone else do them, they ahve to be put together. I am having a difficult time dealing with it this year. I was okay till we had to evacuate for 3 hurricanes.. the disarray of all my paperwork has left my mind in disarray. That and being 64 years old! It upsets me sometimes that I can't handle things that I used to handle easily.

Lisa and DAvid went to Busch Gardens yesterday.. stayed ALL day long and were so tired. Hans has been worried about her burning the 'candle at 3 ends'... I'm hoping she will be slowing it down just a bit soon. hard on her, very hard on him. He's so alone so much of the time.

Tomorrow is another day. no rain forcast for tomorrow. I have to return the wheelbarrow to our neighbor.. move some more mulch, decide whether to buy a wheelbarrow at Ace hardware.. only 25$..

Dislike the time change. My body doesn't readjust to times easily.

I love salvia. This salvia bloomed non stop all summer till nearly Christmas. It was about 3' tall and just beautiful. I think the tops may have frozen back, but it came back from the roots the second season easily. I have two fairly large plumbago's ready to plant. Just not sure where to put them. I love the blues in a garden !

1 Comments:

At 9/01/2006 4:55 AM, Blogger Alice said...

I also love salvias. There such a huge range of them. Also love the smell of the leaves. We often overlook the perfume of leaves, yet they can be so striking, eg. tomatoes, lavender, salvia, boronia, various pelargonium and, I'm sure, many other plants.

The blue of the plumbago is such a beautiful pure colour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home