Monday, October 09, 2006

Four Legged Friends

October 9, 2006

Sometimes things go on around us and they seem to be too 'heavy' to discuss. Those are times that I take my own advice and focus on other things. "Think on that which is good".. I love the animals that touch my life...sometimes just in pictures from friends, and sometimes some I've 'met'.

This a Cinder, a black cocker spaniel who thinks she's a cat. Each time one of my friend Joy's cats has kittens, Cinder sits vigel just outside the box until all are born, then goes for a nap and soon is back. Whenever mama cat goes out, Center hops into the box and keeps the kittens warm.

















This little Boston Terrier belongs to someone I 'met" through a paper mache group. She was utterly fascinated with 'Robin' her new paper mache 'friend' from England. Willie - a terrier cross who looks pretty much like an oppossum.. hence his nickname, "possum" loves to climb ladders.. especially if my son in law is on it. They were preparing the house to paint and Willie kept climbing up and hopping onto the roof and needing rescuing. He's also managed to learn to race about 5 feet up the trunk of a tree in pursuit of squirrels.



Pinni and Jet love to chase squirrels. They will spend hours sitting under a tree at attention hoping the squirrel will forget and come down. I think the squirrels have learned the game and come within inches of the dogs scolding and taunting.
















Our old neighbor Lauren with a young blue jay that apparently lost its 'parents' and adopted any human who would hold and feed him. He ate around the neighborhood and then flew off with his own kind.




This picture of Orangelo and Forrest is one of my favorites. You rarely found one with out the other. I think they were the most lovable cats I've ever seen. My grand daughter seems to have a gift for raising small animals. They all turn out to be so friendly and get along with any other animals brought into the house.





Pinni's favorite place is UP. She's not too fussy whose arms she sits in, she loved to be in someone's lap while we were working. This was part of the office in my daughter's house where we did medical billing.

This has to be one of my all time favorite photos. This is Pepper, the dog belonging to my best friend from high school. We were apart for 30 years and when we 'caught up' we found that our lives had been an amazing paralell as far as our husbands, our choices of colors in our houses etc, and our piece of fluff dogs. I love Pepper's expression. This little dog does everything but talk.




























Lisa and Lilly. Lilly loved to be snuggled. When anyone sat down and she was invited 'up. she would put her head under your chin and lean on your shoulder. A sweet, sweet dog.

After this squirrel tried so hard to get into the house we had just purchased, I considered inviting all the dogs over for a fun weekend!

No matter what's going on, the sun rises each morning and sets each night. Pets remain loyal... and my todo list lays unfulfilled. Tomorrow is another day.

5 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 5:00 AM, Blogger Alice said...

Dear Linda - they are great photos of your dear pets. These loved animals can be such a comfort in times of stress and pain. They love unconditionally and are always loyal. I'm glad you have them for comfort.

I also hope that whatever difficulties are happening in your life at the moment will soon be overcome. May each day be brighter and each tomorrow bring new pleasure in your life. God bless you always, dear.

 
At 10/10/2006 7:53 AM, Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

So much cute animals! The photo from the black dog with the babys - oh, so cute!

Sigrun

 
At 10/10/2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Linda, these photos are priceless!!! I love them all. Pets are therapy for sure...wonderful for a snuggle, a laugh and whatever else ails us. What would we do without them?
Thanks for sharing these precious pets. The spaniel with the kittens....sooo adorable :)

 
At 10/10/2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for animal stories and pictures. You certainly have a good collection of them! I kept a big smile on my face as I read and looked. What a sweetie Cinder is and so are all the others. Take care.

 
At 10/21/2006 8:19 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

The shot of the two cats is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. You can just feel the love! I have enjoyed cruising your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home