Saturday, August 12, 2006

Flower Memories

August 12, 2006
Happy Birthday Hans. Every year gets better in one way or another. Forty three years together. I appreciate him more and more. Like something that's in the garden and goes through its struggles, some years not so good as others. There's something that speaks volumes about 'lasting'. Our marraige or a plant.

As I sorted papers this week I came across a box of pressed flowers done a few years ago. Flowers reveal such intricacies that we don't see just looking on the surface. When they are dried, they allow us to see all those tiny veins. ..just beautiful. I planned to simply throw them away, but with those tried flowers are memories. Some came from bouquets, others from the yard at my daughterss.. others from the last place we lived. I might have to press some more, even though I may never use these. The ones on the right as on a small tile. They were from some weeds growing out at the back of the yard. So delicate.

Its too hot to do much outdoors these days, so this is a wonderful time to use some of these flowers.

This first one was larkspur from my garden, jatropha some tiny florets from crepe myrtle and from lantana with pieces from green weeds. This second one is also Jatropha, baby's breath, pink oxalis (which turned purple as it dried) and more lavender crepe myrtle florets. I love how they have held their color for these years.


The third were pansies which were really too dark, Jatropha and some more yard weeds.. just beautiful.


I love how they look on tiles. These were some feathery weeds from the back yard. I love the delicate way weeds seem to dry and how they seem to be made up of so many tiny florets.


This last one is more beautiful weeds from the back yard. Amazing how things look when preserved. What a bounty God gives to us.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 7:11 AM, Blogger Alice said...

Linda - those pressed flower cards are the most beautiful I've ever seen. The flowers have retained their colour and shape so well, and you certainly have a talent for artistic arrangement.

I hope your husband had a wonderfully happy birthday, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home