Sunday, September 03, 2006

Animal friends







September 2, 2006

The horses at my daughter's have provided so much 'entertainment'. The first is Andre - older and so gentle white Arabian. The next is charmie, beautiful Saddle Bred.. and the last is Silver Ferrari, an Egyptian Arabian... a former grand champion in performance.

I've been thinking today about the many things that God puts into the lives of His children to bless them. Flowers never fail to amaze and delight me.. same with animals.

Orangelo and Forrest were two of the softest, most affectionate cats I've ever met. They were inseperable. One day Forrest just never came in. The next day Orangelo also disappeared. I'm hoping they are off together on another grand adventure, safe and sound with a new loving family. Willie is a terrier of some sort. No doubt a rat terrier whose nickname is possum. He has so much personality - makes me think of the straight laced, no nonsense Felix Unger.. One of my favorite dogs belonging to my daughter.

Sherman is a humongous black shepherd.. like a gentle giant. His owner in Texas could no longer keep him with her job. My daughter had been helping out in a local vet's office where Sherman had come for some surgery... and she fell in love with him. ;-) The owner remembered and called to ask if she would like to have him... of course. So she drove him all the way back to Florida from Texas. He is my grandson Ricky's dog - without a doubt.















The neighborhood where this daughter lives is an extremely nice neighborhood with a few people keeping animals. One family has a few cows that don't seem to enjoy staying home. This beautiful creature came fairly often through the back acres to visit. She nicely posed over the jasmine vine for me. Two others simply walk through the neighborhood, no doubt looking for new accomodations.

Suzi loves all dogs and they seem to consider her yard as a doggie daycare. An adorable miniature Schnauser used to run from his house and dig under the fence to play with the other dogs. Another basset used to come and cry at the gate till someone would let him in to wait for his 'parents' to come fetch him. Here's Suzi with Willie, Benny (Schnauser), Sherman, Pinni (mini pincer) Jet the black lab and Diamond, a visiting boxer.

When we were young, we had a farm and filled it with all sorts of animals. They took lots of time, lots of money, but made every single day full of life.

Of course my favorite animal is my dog - Mikey. He's a 12 year old terrier. He has many looks.. here after haircut and before. I call him my blonde piece of fluff.


7 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Your description of the neighbourhood of animals paints a wonderful picture - like a place from yesteryear, where life was simpler and the joy of plants and animals appreciated.

How lucky are the children (and adults) to live in such a place.

Seeing the cows in the street reminded me of some of the villages in the New Forest in England, where the driveways have cattle grids in them to prevent the forest ponies, who roam freely through the villages and the forest, from actually coming into their gardens.

 
At 9/06/2006 9:13 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I loved seeing all these animals. They're wonderful! You take such lovely pictures. I especially love the close up of the cow, and the first white horse...beautiful!
Your daughter really loves those dogs, doesn't she? And your little Mikey is adorable.
We had a pet shop when I was growing up, so I came by my love of animals naturally :)
My husband and I laughed about the cows walking the streets. That owner wouldn't be at all popular up here!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to 'see' you :)

 
At 9/06/2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I meant to say (but forgot), how sad that story is about those 2 beautiful cats just disappearing. That's such a lovely picture of them.
We finally saw the sun again today. Yah! :)

 
At 9/07/2006 5:14 AM, Blogger LindaD said...

Thanks for stopping by.. I forgot to say that on that particular day as the cows were real estate shopping, they discovered the pool across the street. Apparently there were wonderful stairs leading in, but thent hey couldn't find the stairs for coming out by themselves. Their owners, a few sheriff's cars, a vet and most neighbors ended up over there to rescue them. I'm not sure how I'd feel about swimming in there for a while... but it was a great interuption in a quiet day.

 
At 9/07/2006 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cows are so funny! That is really neat though. I love the doggie! Reminds me of my dog I grew up with

 
At 9/11/2006 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your animal photos are wonderful! The cows are a riot--they might want to head to Hollywood to try out for a part in a movie. The horses are absolutely beautiful! Obviously, your daughter has a gift with animals. So special.

 
At 9/11/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger LindaD said...

Thanks for taking a look. We did medical billing for 8 years from my daughter's house and had the most wonderful working conditions.. never a dull moment and always a welcome distraction after dealing with insurance companies and attornies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home