Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh Sigh !!

Since the beginning I've had a difficult time with links to others sites. I had ended up keeping a list separate from the 'blog' where I could access others that I like to read. Today one is missing entirely from my site, and one which worked before no longer works.

I've tried redoing everything according to instructions, but to no avail. I still use the old version since many said how many problems them experienced with the new blogger.

Hopefully the 'bugs' have been worked out in the new... and perhaps it will work better for me than the old one.

Today's been one of those contemplative, gentle rain days. We were only forcast light scattered showers, but its been fine rain for most of the day. Those days are perfect for catching up on 'blogger' -- I'm not ready to throw in the towel and let technical problems win - so another try at trying to put in links.

Even though we live in Florida, we still have SOME beautiful fall color. I took a few pictures from our front porch and one coming home from my daughter's this morning. When we used to go to church an hour north from here, we drove through the green swamp for a good many miles. This is a beautiful trip since the trees are tall and stately, casting cool shadows during the summer and filled with small swamp maples, aspen and other assorted greenery that go through 'fall' color changes each time we have a frost. Frosts usually occur for a few months during a full moon - giving these little trees just enough time to send out new bright colored leaves just in time for another frost and another color change. Its positively beautiful. What we lack in overall color is made up with frequency. ;-D

The cassia bush is outdoing itself. I think those little caterpillars nipped each end and caused extra blooms. Its laden down with so many flowers, I think its making up for the last two years. Yellow is so cheerful this time of year particularly.

These pictures are still taken with my old camera. I sent the Fujifilm camera back. Although it had 'all the bells and whistles' I was looking for, as my daughter and I looked through hundreds of pictures taken with this model of camera, none had that sharp, well focused look I'm looking for.

I hate having to make up my mind about something so starting to look for another camera is difficult. I'm trying to decide between a CanonS2 or S3 IS and a Panasonic FZ7... I love the huge zoom.. and the 'swivel' viewfinder on the panasonic, but the pictures from the Canon are consistently "wow factor" compared to the panasonic. A choice soon. I'm been so satisfied and happy with my old Mavica all this time... until seeing what poor quality pictures it takes compared to many of the newer cameras. I still can't wait to have a new camera.

3 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be buying the S3. I have one and a friend has the FZ5.

Here is sample macro shot, I don't think the F7 could do it.

http://www.canons3is.com/forum/showthread.php?s=8c799e842bada9afc6f833c6c24f64bb&t=626

The S3 movie mode is outstanding.

Stefan
Melbourne

 
At 12/03/2006 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate having to make decisions like that especially when they can prove so expensive, good luck. And good luck with blogger as well.

 
At 12/11/2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Linda, I don't think you can beat Canon for lenses. Mine is a PowerShot S410 with a 3x zoom. A bigger zoom would be wonderful, but you'd have to pay more...which would probably be worth it. We bought this one through the Amazon Marketplace and paid $247 including shipping. It came with a 128MB memory card, which is much bigger than the usual small card (you'd need to buy a bigger card than the 16MB card that's standard with most cameras). An extra battery is a definite plus. If I had it to do over again I'd buy the second battery with the camera and save the extra shipping and handling. Good luck finding what you want!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home